Dangerous Candles

Dangerous Candles
Candles containing crystals or dried flowers can be beautiful. But there are potential dangers associated with them that you should be aware of. One of the main risks is the potential for the crystals to heat up and break the vessel, causing the hot wax to spill. This can be a hazard, causing burns or starting a fire.

Crystals are known to easily transfer heat. When a candle containing a crystal is lit, the heat from the flame can be absorbed by the crystal, causing it to become too hot. If the crystal heats up too much, it can cause the container to crack or shatter, releasing the hot wax and possibly starting a fire and can also damage surfaces or objects that it comes into contact with. This can be especially dangerous if the candle is located near flammable objects such as curtains, furniture, or papers.

In addition to the risks associated with the crystals, candles that contain dried flowers can also be hazardous. Some flowers may release toxic substances when burned, which can be harmful to humans and pets.

To ensure that you are using safe candles, it is important to do your research and purchase from reputable brands that use safe materials. Look for candles that are made from natural ingredients, such as soy wax, beeswax, coconut wax or apricot creme and make sure that the candle has a safe wick, such as a cotton, hemp or wooden wick.

Hemp wicks are a safe & eco-friendly alternative to cotton wicks. Hemp is renewable, does not require the use of pesticides or herbicides, making it a more sustainable option. Hemp wicks also have a slower burn rate than cotton wicks, which means they last longer and produce less soot.

Wooden wicks are another safe and eco-friendly option. They are made from natural wood and do not contain any harmful chemicals. Wooden wicks also produce a soft crackling sound when burned, which adds to the ambiance.

If you choose to purchase a candle that contains crystals or dried flowers, it is important to take precautions when using it. Keep the candle away from flammable objects, and never leave it unattended while it is burning. The safest option is to remove them before lighting the candle.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.